Terms & Conditions
Some finer details
- No booking is guaranteed until full hire payment has been received by Bike Armour.
- You will receive a confirmation email stating booking reference, colection address, delivery date, collection date and payments to be paid to Bike Armour.
- Payment of the hired items and extras are taking on acceptance of the placed order by you the hirer.
- The refundable deposit is secured 4 working days prior to the collection date.
- Failure to pay the security deposit by the set date may result in the loss of the hired fee & any accessories paid for.
- We will not release the Bike Box to you, if the security deposit has not been paid by the scheduled date.
- To collect the Bike Box we require proof of address, this can be in the form of a utility bill or driving license. The utility bill must not be more than 2 months old. Copies must be sent 4 working days prior to collection to email@example.com
- We accept no responsibility for failed collections of the bike case on the scheduled dates and times provided.
- When collecting your Bike Box, you must have already paid your security deposit and provided proof of address. This can be in the form of a utility bill or driving license, the utility bill must not be more than 2 months old.
- We take no responsibility for incorrect address and contact details provided by you the hirer.
- If you do not collect the Bike Box on the date arranged, we will retain the hire fee.
- If extra costs are incurred by Bike Armour due to failed collections, the charge will be passed to you the “hirer” and payment will be required.
- Collections can be made any time between the hours of 8am and 4.30pm, Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays).
- If you are on a tight schedule we would always suggest arranging for the hire period to begin a couple of days before you are due to travel.
- Please remove all transport labelling form the bike case.
- If hired, place the helmet pod into the supplied bag and then pop this in the bike case.
- Please remove anything not hired from Bike Armour from the bike case.
- Wipe off any oil and dirt.
- A £150 refundable security deposit is taken per bike case, once the bike case has been returned and checked your security deposit will be refunded through PayPal within 3 working days.
- If the bike box has been damaged rendering it unusable, the £150 security deposit will be retained until the case is resolved.
- Helmet Pods must be returned with the bike case, if they are not returned a fee of £20 will be charged from the deposit.
- If any parts are missing from the bike case, these include the reinforced support pole, the two layers of foam and the tool storage compartment the deposit will be retaining and the cost of replacing the items will be invoiced to you. On payment of the invoice, you deposit will be refunded.
- Half price hire refund available upto 10 weeks prior to the collection date, full deposit will be refunded.
- No hire refund after the 10 week cut off point and the deposit will be refunded in full.
Hire date change
- If you need to change the dates of hire, please contact us and we will do our best to facilitate the changes.
By Accepting the Terms & Conditions of hire
- You accept full responsibility for the bike case hired and its contents.
- You will provide a photocopy of a utility bill no more than 2 months old or driving license.
- You will make every effort to keep the bike case hired oil & dirt free. If excessive dirt & oil is found on the bike case a cleaning fee of £20 will be charged. To prevent this, please wipe down your bike prior to packing and wrap the drivetrain in an “old rag”, this will also help protect your front mech.
- You will take adequate insurance to cover the bike case and all its content.
- We take no responsibility for any incurred airline, transport, handling and extra weight fees for using the hired bike case.
- We take no responsibility for how the bike is packed and secured within the bike case.
- We take no responsibility for the before and after condition of the bike after use within the hired bike case.
- Late fees will be charged at £14 per day.
- If the delay overlaps onto another customers hire allocation, a fixed fee of £100 will be charged to cover the rental loss and a daily fee of £14 charged until the bike case arrives at Bike Armour.
- By agreeing to our Terms & Conditions you are taking full responsibility for all items contained within the bike box, which includes the bike.
- We take no responsibility for any items deemed illegal by customs or any other law enforcements.
- If a courier needs to be booked to collect the bike case from your address a fixed fee of £90 will be charged to cover 24 hour collection.
- We are not liable for any injury which may be caused by use of the bike case, this includes handling and moving the hired equipment. It is upto you the hirer, to safely move and carry the bike case.
- It is entirely up to the “renter” to hire the bike box in advance of travel.
- We take no responsibility if your bike does not fit within the bike case, if in any doubt please contact us prior to hire.
Non return of the bike case
- If you fail to return the bike case to us by the date agreed, a late fee will be charged. Please see ‘By Accepting the Terms & Conditions of hire’.
- If the bike case cannot be collected/returned by the scheduled date, your deposit will be retained until the box is returned and a late fee will be charged, see ‘By Accepting the Terms & Conditions of hire’.
- If you need the bike case for longer than the rental period, please contact us immediately, and we will try to facilitate your needs as best as we can.
- If the bike case is not returned, the MSRP of the hired bike case will be invoiced to you.
Damage to the bike case
- The box will be assessed for damage on its return, we understand that scratches and scrapes are inevitable so these are fine. However if significant damage has occurred which renders the box unusable you will be invoiced for the full RRP of the bike case minus your deposit of £150 which will be retained.
- If the box is damaged due to customs and baggage handlers you must report this to the flight desk before leaving the airport terminal, this will then be documented and you can use this to claim for from your insurance. Failure to do so may result in a non payment by your insurer. We would always suggest you check your Insurance terms & conditions.
- We do not provide any form of insurance for you, your bike, the bike case nor any of your gear packed within the bike case rented from Bike Armour.
- It is your responsibility to make sure you have adequate insurance to cover yourself, your bike, your gear and the hired bike case if anything were to happen.
- The copyright in the material contained in this website belongs to a BikeArmour.
- No person may copy, modify, transmit, distribute, display, reproduce, publish, license or create works from any part of this material or otherwise use it for any public or commercial use without the prior express written permission of BikeArmour.
- You may only view or print individual pages for your own personal use.
- We may change these Terms & Conditions at any time without notice.
- It is your responsibility to review the website Terms & Conditions each time you enter the website to ensure you are aware of our latest Terms & Conditions.
- Your use of this website after a change has been made signifies your acceptance of the revised Terms & Conditions.
- The content of Bike Armour is subject to change without notice.
- The website design, branding is owned and licensed by Bike Armour. Any duplicates, reproduction of this brand is prohibited other than authorised third parties.